A business cannot thrive without keeping its current customers. It is crucial to keep customers satisfied. In addition to using customer satisfaction surveys, there are other things you can do to keep your current customers satisfied:
- Encourage face-to-face meetings. Customers find it easier to relate to people they have met or can meet in person compared to people they simply deal with via email and telephone. If you plan to do a customer satisfaction survey, meeting face-to-face can be very helpful. You can gain insight into information to include in your survey. Face-to-face meetings can also be used after your customer satisfaction survey to get more detailed answers about topics that came up in your survey.
- Be prompt in responding to customer messages. When you are responding to customer questions or feedback, be prompt. If you cannot investigate and respond to all matters within day, let customers knows that you are working on their issues.
- Be friendly and approachable. Even when on phone calls, maintain a smile. Make customers feel like you are their friend. Even if frustrated, remain calm, polite and courteous.
- Have a good customer service policy. With a good customer service policy, you can keep customers happy. Ensure that you have key point of contacts for billing inquiries and technical issues.
- Personalize your communications. Send out holiday emails and birthday cards. Rather than making them generic, personalize them with customer names and things the customer would like. These actions demonstrate that the customers are important.
- Exceed expectations. Rather than just meeting expectations, exceed them. Go above and beyond to make your customers happy. Listen to their feedback from customer satisfaction surveys and go the extra mile.
- Honor your promises. If you make a promise to your customer, follow through. This shows that you can be trusted. In turn, customers will have more confidence in your company.
- Ask for feedback. Even if you think you are doing everything right, always ask customers for feedback. A great way to do this is with a customer satisfaction survey. There is always room for improvement.