Those who are star performers at work tend to be those that are emotionally intelligent. These are the individuals that stand apart from the rest of the pack. A recent Huffington Post article highlights 18 key characteristics of emotionally intelligent people:
- They have a robust emotional vocabulary.
- They are curious about people.
- They embrace change.
- They know their strengths and weaknesses.
- They are a good judge of character.
- They are difficult to offend.
- They know how to say no to themselves or others.
- They let go of mistakes.
- They give and expect nothing in return.
- They don’t hold grudges.
- They neutralize toxic people.
- They don’t seek perfection.
- They appreciate what they have.
- They disconnect.
- They limit caffeine intake.
- They get enough sleep.
- They stop negative self-talk in its tracks.
- They don’t let anyone limit their joy.
Want to increase emotional intelligence in your workplace? Ambivista can help to design a survey to assess your employees’ levels of emotional intelligence. Our consultants can also work with you to help increase the emotional intelligence of your employees. Contact us today!